Thursday, June 24, 2010

Is lipstick really made out of fish scales?

I heard somewhere a long time ago that lipstick is made out of fish scales.Is lipstick really made out of fish scales?
I am a makeup artist let me break it down for you:





Lipstick is a cosmetic product for the lips that is richer in color and texture than lip gloss, primarily used to apply color to the lips. Most lipsticks are red or reddish, simulating the appearance of sexual arousal, which naturally increases blood flow and reddens the lips, intending to make the wearer more sexually attractive. With modern pigments, however, lipstick is available in numerous colors and shades.





A typical lipstick contains many chemical ingredients, principally pigments, oils, waxes, and emollients. Perfume and/or flavoring may be added to cover the odors and tastes of the other ingredients.Is lipstick really made out of fish scales?
well thats what my friend told me. she sed that it gives it its shine and texture. Report Abuse

Don't know about the fish scales, but recent testing indicates that lipstick can lead to cancer. Go figure.
Yea. And in this one book i have, it says whale blubber is also made into lipsticks and other make-up products
Go to a Aquarium, they have a poster of what products come from the sea. Like Birch, in Del Mar, Calif.
I am a make up artist that has done custom cosmetic blending work. Lipstick is made out of pigments either real [plant stains] or synthetic [ FD%26amp;C #12]. These pigments are then mixed with a wax ie..paraffin, carnuba, or beeswax. There may be other items added like fragerance or flavor.


As far I know there is not any type of fish scales added.
yha i learnrd that in science
yea i think lip gloss to these kids at my school tease me and say i am wearing fish so i say those fish make my lips look good huh lol
I wouldn't doubt it. Read the label and cross match the chemical names. But don't use Wikepedia, lot of that information is incorrect and some of it has been hacked on there to make people think it is real.
Yeah, I think you're right. I heard they were, too.
I heard it was made out of Whales skin
That's one that I have never heard of.
yes, some r and also from dolphins
Not exactly ';made of,'; which would imply that fish scales are a major component of the product. However, the simple is answer is yes, most lipsticks contain fish scales among the various ingredients.
yes it is...it's very little...but fish scales give it that shine....
No it is not its made with something about pigs and minerals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hardware